Kawasaki Z800 to get Rs 1 lakh cheaper soon
Snapshot: Kawasaki will be using the CKD route for Z800 and it will result in a massive price drop of minimum Rs 1 Lakh for a motorcycle which is already beautifully priced.
According to the latest reports, Kawasaki is likely to follow the CKD route soon for bring the Z800 in India and with the new plans the price on the high selling middle-weight naked motorcycle will go down by at least Rs 1 lakh. If we recall, the Japanese auto maker already slashed the price on Z800 in the month of January this year which resulted in higher sales for Z800.
Currently the bike is available at a retail price of Rs 8.30 (Ex-Showroom, Delhi) and we can expect the Z800 will soon be available at around 7.30 (Ex-Showroom, Delhi). The reports say that it will be assembled locally at Bajaj’s Akurdi plant near Pune.
The Z800 is already one of the bestselling motorcycles of the segment and the new price will surely strengthen its leadership in its segment. It compete directly against the Triumph Street Triple and Honda’s CBR650F. The latter is not a direct competitor to Z800 but both falls in the same price bracket of Rs 7.5 to 8.5 Lakh. Kawasaki is also looking forward to introduce the single-cylinder Ninja 250SL in India, but it will take quite some time.
Stay tuned to Bikeportal for more updates and if you have any query don’t forget to write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source – Autocarpro.in
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-06 12:33:05 Udit Vishal Kawasaki Z250 could reach India around festive season
- 2014-05-22 11:32:16 Divyanshu Boora Europe gets to taste the Performance Edition of Kawasaki Z800
- 2015-09-28 17:58:10 Prashant Singh 2016 Kawasaki Z800 Black arrives at the Delhi Dealership
- 2016-03-28 16:17:42 Prashant Singh The 2017 Kawasaki Z800 to get a semi-faired body?
- 2016-06-01 11:12:44 Neeraj Jha Kawasaki denies local assembly of Z800