KTM to introduce cornering ABS in their entry level motorcycles?
Snapshot: Currently KTM is the only brand in India to offer ABS along with Slipper Clutch and soon (expected) Ride by Wire in their sub 400cc motorcycles. Cornering ABS will be a blessing for the ones pushing hard into corners.
KTM is the first manufacturer to have an anti-brake lock system even in their entry level 125cc motorcycles and now chances are that the Austria based orange manufacturer will equip even their entry level motorcycles with the cornering ABS technology. This technology is found only in the highest grades of motorcycles. Cornering ABS prevents a motorcycle’s wheels from locking during the cornering times. The sensors attached to this braking system measurers the lean-angle, pitch and braking pressure and hence doesn’t allow the wheels to jam, so prevents traction loss due to corner braking.
Currently KTM is the only brand in India to offer ABS, Slipper Clutch and soon Ride by Wire in their sub 400cc motorcycles. Cornering ABS will add up to the list of features KTM is already offering in the 390 Duke and RC 390. In a recent interview with Cycle World, Stefan Pierer, CEO, KTM said, “We are the first manufacturer to have ABS on all of our street models, even the 125s. Fortunately we have a strategic cooperation with Bajaj, which produces almost 4 million entry-level bikes per year, so we have an afford-able ABS system. It will take time, but I’m convinced even cornering ABS will come down to the 125s someday.”
We highly appreciate KTM’s vision of making motorcycling safer. Don’t forget to share your views in the comment section below.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-30 23:07:58 Udit Vishal KTM RC390 Spied once again in India
- 2014-09-09 11:03:30 Arjit Garg Obsessed with good looks? Book one of this looker here!
- 2014-09-09 14:11:34 Arjit Garg KTM RC 390 launched for 2.05 lakh. A 'Ready to Race' deal indeed!
- 2014-11-14 11:57:30 Sunny Soral KTM's Shotgun in a Fist-Fight going to USA - RC390 to be priced $5499!
- 2015-05-29 17:36:29 Pankaj Vig EBR bankrupt, Hero HX250R may not make it even until 2015 end
- 2015-11-06 15:10:50 Prashant Singh KTM declares Orange Cup in India for the first time
- 2015-12-02 11:58:14 Sunny Soral Spied - 2016 KTM RC390 shows itself in India, Launch Mid January!
- 2015-12-17 14:56:38 Prashant Singh The 2016 KTM RC390 not to have the side mounted exhaust in India?
- 2016-02-01 13:41:09 Prashant Singh Say hello to the Turbocharged Devilish 60bhp KTM RC390
- 2016-02-11 11:08:12 Prashant Singh KTM silently launches the 2016 RC 390 and 390 Duke