Royal Enfield Himalayan Starts Testing in Chennai
Snapshot: The first ever spy shots of the Royal Enfield Himalayan undergoing testing have arrived !!
True to BikePortal's speculative rendering that was published earlier this month, a new Royal Enfield test mule, believed to be the upcoming RE Himalayan adventure tourer, has been caught testing in Chennai.
As can be seen from the spy pictures published by Motor Vikatan, the new RE has an all new engine at its heart, which we believe will be a 410cc single cylinder unit. Staying true to our rendering of the Himalayan just a few days ago, we can now see that the bike adorns a large fuel tank, which we believe will be larger than the Continental GT's 13 liter unit.
Along with the new engine the bike in the picture also adorns a monoshock assembly at the rear, a considerably fatter tyre also does duty at the back, which is indicative of more power and grip from the bike.
As for the launch we still believe the Chennai based company is going to showcase the bike in its final production form during the upcoming Himalayan Odyssey 2016 around June-July 2015.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-09-01 19:22:51 Vidyadhar Sharma Royal Enfield Continental GT sets a new land speed record
- 2014-09-10 14:48:56 Arjit Garg Ace tuner helped RE Continental GT achieve new heights
- 2014-11-24 13:31:01 Sunny Soral RE and HD's most ambitious projects head to head in Sales!
- 2014-12-18 10:50:29 Sunny Soral Another Truck carrying Royal Enfield Motorcycles burns down to Ashes!
- 2015-03-04 17:34:39 Prashant Singh Signature GT Black color new addition to the RE caf? racer
- 2015-05-06 11:06:10 Sunny Soral Harley Davidson Winning First Fight with Royal Enfield - Street 750 outsells Continental GT in FY 2015
- 2015-05-12 12:40:44 Sunny Soral Royal Enfield acquires iconic Harris Performance
- 2016-01-11 16:54:38 Sunny Soral RE updates Continental GT with Dark Green shade, Yellow gets discontinued!
- 2016-06-17 11:45:21 Prashant Singh Royal Enfield displays two all new custom motorcycles at Wheels & Waves festival, France