Suzuki - No plans for Sub 300cc Bikes and CKD for next 12-18 Months in India
Snapshot: Suzuki is not keen in jumping into sub 300cc segment right now, want to stabilize the growth for Gixxer twins!!
Ever since Suzuki started of its own two wheeler division for the Indian market, the going has been a little tough for the Japanese giant. Taking nothing from the products Suzuki has launched in India, infact, they all have been pretty capable machines in their own rights, but sadly only the Suzuki Access showed any movement at the counters. Everything changed for Suzuki when the Gixxer arrived and changed the status quo of the densely fought power commuter segment.
The Gixxer has been a big success for Suzuki in India and has established the brand after a long time it spent being out of contention in the Indian customer mindset. In a discussion with Autocar, Mr. Atul Gupta, Executive Vice President of Suzuki Motorcycles India has said that since the last six plus months of Gixxer’s launch, they have sold about 45,000 motorcycles. Considering the fame Gixxer has garnered among the customers and the automotive media alike, these number should go up soon enough.
Further through his interaction with Autocar, Mr. Atul Gupta has said that Suzuki currently has no plans to foray into the sub 300cc segment and they would like to concentrate on the recently launched Gixxer duo of the Gixxer and the Gixxer SF for atleast next 12 months. Only after that Suzuki will decide upon what future directions they should be taking. At present Suzuki is dedicated towards making sure that the Gixxer brand gets established in the Indian market and any model coming in as the successor or an extension to the brand will have to make sure that it continues such a well performing platform to further growth.
He also said that after Inazuma, there are no plans in near future to utilize the CKD route of other Suzuki motorcycles for India and that this status should remain as it is for next 12-18 months.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-27 12:35:11 Udit Vishal Suzuki Gixxer 150's power figures revealed
- 2014-09-09 12:59:06 Vidyadhar Sharma Suzuki Gixxer launched in India; priced at Rs. 72199
- 2014-12-16 10:46:04 Sunny Soral Spied - Suzuki Gixxer 160 wears some clothes, fully faired version spotted!
- 2015-02-11 15:28:26 Sunny Soral Suzuki Gixxer Outsold by Honda CB Unicorn 160 in January
- 2015-02-23 17:51:24 Sunny Soral Scoop: Fully Faired Suzuki Gixxer will launch Mid April 2015
- 2015-03-26 13:47:10 Sunny Soral Suzuki Gixxer SF is launching on 7th April, 2014
- 2015-05-04 15:51:05 Prashant Singh Suzuki introduced dual-tone colors for the Gixxer 150
- 2015-05-21 17:43:07 Sunny Soral Suzuki Motorcycles India rolling out Gixxer Cup, We give them a Big Thumps Up
- 2015-06-15 15:03:10 Prashant Singh Suzuki working on a 250cc Gixxer
- 2015-09-23 12:25:00 Prashant Singh Rear disc Gixxer and Gixxer SF spied
- 2015-11-02 18:17:54 Prashant Singh As festive season Approaches, Suzuki Gixxer crosses 10,000 mark in October sales
- 2015-12-04 12:32:53 Prashant Singh Suzuki to launch the new Gixxer 250 by March next year
- 2016-03-18 15:34:58 Prashant Singh Suzuki aims to double the exports figures this year
- 2016-04-15 16:06:24 Prashant Singh Suzuki Gixxer rear disc variant launched; Price is Rs 79,726
- 2016-05-05 16:45:37 Neeraj Jha Suzuki announces 2016 Gixxer Cup
- 2016-05-06 19:31:48 Neeraj Jha Game changers: 10 bikes that changed the way we ride
- 2016-06-28 13:32:48 Neeraj Jha Suzuki Gixxer Cup set to return for Season 2
- 2016-08-16 13:15:52 Neeraj Jha Suzuki Gixxer commences Red Bull Road to Rookies Cup
- 2016-09-09 11:32:24 Prashant Singh Suzuki launches special edition Gixxer and Gixxer SF