The 2016 Indian Scout to receive a new ABS equipped variant
Snapshot: Like its iconic forerunner, the Indian Scout is an innovative and aesthetically stunning American cruiser. It introduced the first-ever liquid-cooled Indian Motorcycle engine.
Good news for people planning to buy the Indian Scout in coming days, Indian Motorcycle’s entire line-up have been updated in the US market and entry level Indian ‘Scout’ has received a new ABS equipped variant among several other upgrades. The new line-up will be introduced as 2016 models in India and this will help ABS equipped Scout to reach Indian shores soon. Like its iconic forerunner, the Indian Scout is an innovative and aesthetically stunning American cruiser. It introduced the first-ever liquid-cooled Indian Motorcycle engine – an efficient and reliable 1133cc V-twin.
Though there are no such changes made in the current engine of Indian Scout, the motorcycle runs on an 1133cc 60-degree V-twin, DOHC, 4-valves per cylinder engine that produces a good 100bhp of power at 8100rpm and 97.8Nm of torque at 5900rom. The engine is mated to a six-speed manual transmission. The company is importing the bikes through CBU (completely built unit) route and according to the past reports company could adopt CKD (completely knocked down route) for future to decrease the price and compete more fiercely in the Indian market. Indian Scout is priced at INR 11.99 lakhs (Ex-Showroom, Delhi) and CKD route would considerably bring down the prices of Indian line-up in the country.
We think you'd like...
- 2015-04-21 14:14:44 Pankaj Vig The two-wheeled off-road beast - Customized Indian Scout
- 2016-04-18 12:58:35 Neeraj Jha Indian Motorcycle Springfield launched in India at Rs 30.6 lakh
- 2016-05-03 14:41:07 Neeraj Jha Indian Motorcycle introduces Limited Edition Scout LE
- 2016-05-25 15:30:12 Neeraj Jha Indian Motorcycle Scout Sixty launched; Priced at Rs 11.99 lakh
- 2016-08-10 14:47:10 Neeraj Jha Indian Scout Sixty bike launched in Hyderabad; priced at Rs 12.21 lakh