Top 5 bikes launching in India in 2016
Snapshot: We have compiled the list of 5 bikes to be launched in India 2016
With an increase in demand for performance motorcycles in the domestic market, bike manufacturers like Suzuki, Yamaha, TVS-BMW and Bajaj are all gearing up to introduce bikes for enthusiasts who are looking for motorcycles that are stylish , powerful and has manageable performance. Here we have compiled a list of 5 such mean machines to be launched in India this year.
TVS BMW G310R
The first product from technological partnership of TVS and BMW Motorrad Company, the G310R is a naked street bike that has been designed by the German bike maker and will be manufactured by TVS Motor Company. It is powered by a 313cc, DOHC, 4-valve single with electronic fuel injection, liquid cooled, single cylinder engine that pumps out 34 bhp of power at 9,500 rpm and a peak torque of 28 Nm at 7,500 rpm. This bike is expected to make its debut by the end of this year with an expected price tag of Rs 2,30,000.
Bajaj Pulsar CS400
One of the most anticipated bike of the year 2016 is Bajaj Auto’s most powerful Pulsar yet – the CS 400 bike. Unveiled at Auto Expo 2014, this 400cc will fall under a cruiser category but will not at all be slow and boring. There is no available information about the bike yet, but it is widely speculated that it will borrow its motor from the KTM Duke 390 and it will produce somewhere around 38-40 hp of power along with 30-34Nm of torque. Equipped with several features like ABS, dual disc brakes, and LED headlights, it is likely to be priced somewhere around Rs 2 lakh.
Inspired from its elder sibling of Yamaha’s MT-Series, the M-slaz is one the best-looking bike available in the 150cc segment. It shares the same engine as the YZF-R15 motorcycle which is a liquid-cooled, single-cylinder, SOHC, 4-stroke engine that generates 16.09 bhp of power at 8,500 rpm and 14.3Nm of torque at 7,500 rpm. It has already been launched in Thailand, and we expect it to hit Indian shores by festive season of this year with an expected price tag of Rs 1.30 lakh.
Benelli Tornado 302
Showcased at Auto Expo 2016, the Tornado 302 is the youngest and smallest two-cylinder bike available from the Italian two-wheeler maker. It is a fully faired motorcycle with twin headlamps, razor styled LED tailings and twin port exhaust system, which makes it arguably the best-looking entry level sports bike yet. So how powerful is it? Powering its motor is a powered by 4 stroke, DOHC, in-line two-cylinder 300cc engine that gives a maximum power output of 36Bhp at 12,000rpm and 27Nm of peak torque at 9,000rpm, it is mated to a 6 speed transmission and once fully unleashed it is capable of reaching a top speed of 170+kmph , making it an ideal bike for enthusiast who are planning to upgrade their bike to make their entry into fast bike segment.
Suzuki Gixxer 250
This is one bike that could really be a game changer for the Suzuki Motorcycle in Indian market. There is no information available about the bike, except spy images that surfaced last year. Judging by the image, it looks like this 250cc motorcycle has taken its design cues from its elder sibling- the GSX 1000. It features clip-on handlebars, split seats, single-piece headlamps and multifunction digitalized instrumental cluster. According to reports, it is likely to get a single cylinder, 250cc engine that might produce close to 30-32 bhp of power and 25-27Nm of torque. In an interview given to BikeAdvice, Mr. Suresh Babu, National Head – Product Planning and Development, Suzuki Motorcycle India Limited (SMIL), said “We will launch when the time is right. We are not saying we will never, but when the time is right for us, we will launch.”
We think you'd like...
- 2016-04-19 11:24:19 Prashant Singh Bajaj Pulsar CS400 spied getting tested again in Pune
- 2016-06-22 15:00:58 Neeraj Jha Watch Video: KTM Duke 200 tries to keep up with Bajaj Pulsar CS 400
- 2016-08-01 12:13:58 Neeraj Jha Bajaj to Launch Pulsar CS 400 in August
- 2016-08-02 17:30:15 Neeraj Jha Bajaj Pulsar CS 400 spotted without camouflage
- 2016-08-04 13:45:50 Neeraj Jha Watch Video: Bajaj Pulsar CS400 exhaust sound
- 2016-08-09 17:38:48 Neeraj Jha Bajaj Pulsar CS 400 might come in two variants
- 2016-08-17 17:07:06 Neeraj Jha Bajaj Pulsar CS 400 to launch as VS 400
- 2016-03-21 14:18:55 Prashant Singh Suzuki Gixxer 250 to be launched by late 2016
- 2016-08-05 15:45:15 Neeraj Jha Suzuki GSX R250 design leaked; Images inside
- 2014-03-21 17:07:38 Udit Vishal Yamaha Introduces YZF R15 Version 2.0 in new colors
- 2014-04-28 17:27:16 Syed Shiraz Shah Yamaha R25 caught on road
- 2014-04-30 19:23:17 Udit Vishal Yamaha R25 Spied again in Indonesia
- 2015-05-12 14:48:01 Arjit Garg Yamaha YZF-R15 and YZF-R25 special editions launched in Indonesia
- 2015-09-16 12:48:50 Prashant Singh Yamaha MT15 spied getting tested in Thailand
- 2015-09-18 16:21:41 Prashant Singh Yamaha Motors India Launches the original R15 Version back again, named as YZF R15-S
- 2015-11-25 12:29:11 Prashant Singh Video - Yamaha MT-15/MT Slash to make its debut soon.
- 2016-02-12 11:24:38 Prashant Singh Yamaha YZF R15v3.0 cought getting tested on Indonesian roads
- 2016-02-22 11:23:30 Prashant Singh Yamaha introduces the YZF-R15 V2.0 in new colours and a higher price tag
- 2016-09-19 11:51:01 Prashant Singh Next gen Yamaha YZF-R15 to get more power and ABS
- 2016-02-09 10:59:11 Prashant Singh BMW G310 R to be launched in the festive season this year
- 2016-03-31 12:08:41 Prashant Singh BMW displays Made-In-India G 310 R at the Bangkok Motor Show
- 2016-04-21 11:40:22 Neeraj Jha TVS BMW G310R to launch in India this festive season; Expected price and specification
- 2016-04-28 14:08:05 Neeraj Jha TVS Akula 310 might be launched as Apache RTR 300
- 2016-05-04 12:55:06 Neeraj Jha Video: TVS BMW G310R spied testing in India; launching soon
- 2016-05-13 12:28:16 Neeraj Jha Video: BMW G 310 R official TV Commercial released
- 2016-05-23 12:24:18 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R to officially launch in October 2016
- 2016-06-16 14:32:10 Prashant Singh BMW G310R caught getting tested on Indian soil again
- 2016-06-27 13:58:13 Neeraj Jha BMW Motorrad to Launch Comic based on G 310 R Motorcycle
- 2016-06-30 13:06:15 Prashant Singh BMW G310 R goes on sale in UK market
- 2016-07-07 13:51:22 Neeraj Jha BMW Commences Production of G 310 R; Launch in October 2016
- 2016-07-08 16:29:03 Neeraj Jha Optional Accessories for BMW G 310 R
- 2016-07-21 13:33:10 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R Launch in India postponed
- 2016-07-22 15:35:47 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R new promotional video released
- 2016-07-22 16:17:06 Prashant Singh BMW G310R to be offered with Michelin tyres
- 2016-07-28 18:24:28 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R Test Ride with KTM Duke 390 and Yamaha MT03
- 2016-08-08 16:53:55 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R Motorcycle spotted again; India Launch in 2017
- 2016-08-09 14:10:49 Neeraj Jha Video: BMW G 310 R Exhaust sound; Indian Launch in 2017
- 2016-08-10 16:27:56 Neeraj Jha DSK Benelli Tornado 302 launching in India this festive season