TVS Akula 310 might be launched as Apache RTR 300
Snapshot: The bike is speculated to go on sale in domestic bike market by the end of 2016.
We have reported you earlier that the TVS Motor Company is working on a production version of its Akula 310 Concept, which was unveiled at recently held Auto Expo 2016. Based on BMW G310R, this upcoming bike is expected to go on sale by the end of this year. It will compete against Yamaha R3, Kawasaki Ninja 300, KTM RC 390 and other in its segment. According to recent media reports, the new Akula 310 could be launched as Apache RTR 300 in the domestic market; however, there has been no official announcement from the company.
It will share the same 313cc, single cylinder, four-stroke, water cooled engine that also powers the BMW G310R. Though the maker has not yet revealed the power figures of the bike, but it is speculated to produce around 32bhp of power and an expected peak torque of 27Nm. Power to the rear wheel is transferred by six-speed gearbox.
It received notable feature such as Anti-braking system (ABS), steering damper, projector headlamps, LED tail-lights, tall windshield, alloy wheels with Pirelli tubeless tyres, split seats and radial callipers. If priced correctly and we are sure it will be, this upcoming 300cc will create a massive stir in the Indian Market. We expect it to come with a price tag of somewhere between Rs 1.80 lakh to 2 lakh.
We think you'd like...
- 2016-02-09 10:59:11 Prashant Singh BMW G310 R to be launched in the festive season this year
- 2016-03-31 12:08:41 Prashant Singh BMW displays Made-In-India G 310 R at the Bangkok Motor Show
- 2016-04-21 11:40:22 Neeraj Jha TVS BMW G310R to launch in India this festive season; Expected price and specification
- 2016-05-04 12:55:06 Neeraj Jha Video: TVS BMW G310R spied testing in India; launching soon
- 2016-05-13 12:28:16 Neeraj Jha Video: BMW G 310 R official TV Commercial released
- 2016-05-23 12:24:18 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R to officially launch in October 2016
- 2016-06-16 14:32:10 Prashant Singh BMW G310R caught getting tested on Indian soil again
- 2016-06-27 13:58:13 Neeraj Jha BMW Motorrad to Launch Comic based on G 310 R Motorcycle
- 2016-06-30 13:06:15 Prashant Singh BMW G310 R goes on sale in UK market
- 2016-07-07 13:51:22 Neeraj Jha BMW Commences Production of G 310 R; Launch in October 2016
- 2016-07-08 16:29:03 Neeraj Jha Optional Accessories for BMW G 310 R
- 2016-07-21 13:33:10 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R Launch in India postponed
- 2016-07-22 15:35:47 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R new promotional video released
- 2016-07-22 16:17:06 Prashant Singh BMW G310R to be offered with Michelin tyres
- 2016-07-28 18:24:28 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R Test Ride with KTM Duke 390 and Yamaha MT03
- 2016-08-08 16:53:55 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R Motorcycle spotted again; India Launch in 2017
- 2016-08-09 14:10:49 Neeraj Jha Video: BMW G 310 R Exhaust sound; Indian Launch in 2017