Yamaha set to launch R3 and MT25 in India in late 2015
Snapshot: So the wait is over, Finally Yamaha plans to launch performance bikes like R3 and MT25 in Indian market late this year.
So it looks like the debate is finally over, lately we all have been discussing if India is going to get R25 or R3? If news from our friends at Motorbeam is to be believed Yamaha is set to unveil the new R3 and MT25 in India in the upcoming festive season. The new R3 is going to go head to head against KTM RC390 and will be a very tough competition to Kawasaki Ninja 300. Lately Yamaha India has been sitting silent for quite some time and has been concentrating solely upon the scooter business but with this news it seems Yamaha is back in the game.
R3 will be powered by 321cc, twin-cylinder engine that produces 42 PS power and 29.6 Nm torque. The performance figure might be less than the KTM but out on road it will prove to be the strongest competition to the orange machine.
R3 will carry a price tag of INR 2.80 lakhs (ex-showroom).
Another bike that is expected to arrive at Indian shores is the mighty Yamaha MT25 which is set to be unveiled globally. This 250cc monster will give a tough fight to KTM Duke 390, Benelli TNT 300 and the Kawasaki Z250. The price tag this beast will carry is around INR 2.30 Lakhs (ex-showroom). It is powered from the same parallel-twin unit that does duty in the R25. The peak power this engine makes is 36 PS and 22.6 Nm of torque.
We think you'd like...
- 2015-06-08 15:33:35Sunny SoralExclusive - Yamaha India is Launching YZF-R3 in July!!
- 2015-10-09 18:18:53Prashant SinghYamaha Motors USA orders Recall on R3 for Faulty Upper Triple Clamp
- 2015-11-02 10:59:46Prashant SinghBuy an R3 before 10th November and you might get a chance to ride along Jorge Lorenzo on BIC
- 2015-12-01 11:01:08Prashant SinghJorge Lorenzo is Here and is Riding at BIC Right Now
- 2016-04-06 12:32:16Prashant SinghYamaha sells 600 units of the YZF-R3 since its launch in August 2015
- 2016-04-27 16:46:14Neeraj JhaYamaha inaugurates new spare parts centre in Tamil Nadu; invested Rs 58 cr
- 2016-06-20 14:33:31Neeraj JhaYamaha R3 recalled in Japan