Yamaha YZF-R25 special edition is inspired from MotoGP's YZR-M1
Snapshot: An Indonesian performance tuner has introduced an special edition of the R25
The recently launched YZF-R25 has succeeded to raise the Yamaha's flag in the quarter-litre motorcycle segment. The motorcycle has been praised widely for its outstanding power output, dynamic character and unadulterated sportbike-like handling. However, in terms of looks, the R25 has brought disappointment for many as it comes nothing close to its prototype version which overwhelmed each Yamaha fanatic when it was unveiled last year. However, an Indonesian performance tuner, Candra Custom Knalpot, has addressed this clamor and introduced an special edition of the R25 that looks only inches away from its concept.
Although, apart from the new Akrapovic exhaust this new edition doesn't boasts any other mechanical change. But redone dual paint scheme, which is a platter of racing blue and white color tone, alongwith new body graphics looking no different than that of the concept. These changes have refitted the R25's gentle appearance into an aggressive one. Further modifications include the Akrapovic exhaust that adds more to its sporty character by enriching it with a more throaty sound. Athough, it hasn't been confirmed whether the new exhaust increases its power ratings or not.
The MotoGP edition continues to get power from a 250cc, twin-parallel, water-cooled unit that cranks out 36bhp and 22.1 Nm of torque and is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. Rest of the mechanical bits are said to be remained same. There has been no word yet about the premium that interested buyers will have to pay for this special edition,but if Yamaha brings this model into production, it will work as a catalyst to the already admirable response that the R25 getting from the market.
Image Source - Pertamax7.com
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-19 10:51:20 Udit Vishal Yamaha YZF-R25 boasts redline at 14,000 RPM!
- 2014-05-20 13:45:20 Udit Vishal Yamaha launches YZF-R25 in Indonesia
- 2014-05-23 13:50:21 Divyanshu Boora Yamaha YZF R25 breaks records in Indonesian market
- 2014-05-28 18:42:16 Udit Vishal Yamaha announces acceossories for YZF-R25
- 2014-06-05 23:13:18 Udit Vishal Yamaha YZF-R25 hit track in Japan
- 2014-09-08 12:39:41 BikePortal Team Can India duplicate the Yamaha's R25 Indonesia's success?
- 2015-05-15 16:22:00 Sunny Soral Spied - Yamaha YZF-R3 testing in India