By registering with www.autoportal.com (hereinafter referred to as "the Site"), you are confirming that you have read these terms and conditions of your use of the Site and agree to abide by the same. These terms and conditions (hereinafter referred to as "User Agreement") constitute your binding obligations towards “Autoportal.com” (hereinafter referred to as “Autoportal.com” or “we” or “us”). This User Agreement is effective upon acceptance in registration for new registering users. Autoportal.com may amend the User Agreement at any time by posting the amended terms on the Site. All amended terms shall automatically become effective. After thirty (30) of the information being posted on the Site and any subsequent use of the Site shall be governed by such amended terms only. In addition, we will notify you in accordance with your notification preferences. What’s the implication? You are advised to regularly check for any amendments or updates to the terms and conditions contained in this User Agreement. If any clause of the User Agreement shall be deemed invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, such clause shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining clauses of the User Agreement.
1. Membership Eligibility
Full use of the Site is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts with Autoportal.com under an applicable law. Persons who are "incompetent to contract" within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 including minors, un-discharged insolvents etc. are not eligible to use the Site. The Site is not available to persons whose membership has been suspended or terminated by Autoportal.com. If you are registering as a business entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind the entity to this User Agreement.
2. Your Account and Registration Obligations
If you use the Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account like email ID , Password, etc. and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or Password. You agree to:
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by registration form available on the Site (such information being the "Registration Data");
- Maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete or Autoportal.com has a reasonable ground to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or not in accordance with the User Agreement, Autoportal.com has the right to indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide you with access to the Site.
3. Electronic Communications
When you visit the Site or send emails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the Site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
4. Revocation of consent:
You may withdraw, suspend or revoke your consent to receive any electronic communication(s) from us at any time. To effectuate the said request, please write an email to our helpline email, available on the Site, requesting for withdrawal, suspension or revocation of your consent, granted at the time of registration on the Site, to receive any electronic communications from us. On receipt of such request, we shall accordingly cease, discontinue or stop sending you any text messages, emails, etc. for any of our promotional offers, discounts, coupons, other services, etc., within a reasonable time.
5. Fees and Services
Membership on the Site is free. Autoportal.com does not charge any fee for browsing on the Site. Autoportal.com charges listing fee to all sellers and special listing fees are charged to sellers who use the special listing feature(s) for listing their cars. Before you list a car for sale through the Site, we request you to review our fee, posted on Site, which is hereby incorporated by reference into this User Agreement. However, Autoportal.com reserves the right to change its fee charging and credit policies from time to time. In particular, Autoportal.com may at its sole discretion introduce new services and modify some or all of the existing services offered on the Site. In such an event Autoportal.com reserves the right to introduce fees for the new services offered or amend/introduce fees for existing services, as the case may be. Changes to the fee charging and credit policies shall be posted on the Site and such changes shall automatically become effective immediately after they are posted on the Site.
It should be noted that Autoportal.com receives prices from dealers and Original Equipment Manufacturers and updates on the Site accordingly. As a matter of standard practice, the prices are generally updated in monthly intervals. However, at times the prices change abruptly in the market, within a shorter interval than what is generally expected, and such sudden changes are often not in our notice; as a result the Site may not be updated accordingly.
It is the authorized dealer, who can provide you with an actual price for a specific vehicle. Each authorized dealer sets and controls its own pricing and Autoportal.com will not responsible for errors in the pricing information communicated to you by a authorized dealer.
Unless otherwise stated, all fees shall be quoted in Indian Rupees. You are responsible for paying all fees associated with the use of the Site and you agree to bear any and all applicable taxes, charges etc. levied thereon. Autoportal.com reserves the right to issue a warning, temporarily /indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide you with access to the Site in case of non-payment of fees by you to Autoportal.com. Autoportal.com also reserves the right to take legal action in case of non-payment of fees by you to Autoportal.com.
6. Use of the Site
You agree, undertake and confirm that your use of the Site shall be strictly governed by the following binding principles:
- "Your Information" is defined as any information you provide to us or to the other users of the Site (those users "Users") in the registration, buying or listing process, in the feedback area or through any e-mail feature. You are solely responsible for Your Information, and we act as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of Your Information.
- Your Information (or details of any cars you list on the Site):
- shall not be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- shall not be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen cars;
- shall not infringe any third party's intellectual property, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- shall not, directly or indirectly, offer, attempt to offer, trade or attempt to trade in any car, the dealing of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force.
You represent and confirm that you shall be the sole and exclusive legal owner of all cars, goods or products of any description that you wish to offer for sale on the Site or shall have complete rights with respect to such cars, goods or products bestowed on you by the legal owner of such cars, goods or products in writing and you will have the full authority in law to dealing and offer for sale such cars, goods or products.
In the event that any transaction or attempted transaction relating to any car, good or service which is violative of this User Agreement or applicable law comes to your knowledge, you shall take all steps to inform Autoportal.com of the same. You may contact Autoportal.com by sending mail to [email protected].
You shall not, either alone or in conjunction with other Users, manipulate or attempt to manipulate the prices of any car or services being sold or purchased on the Site.
From time to time, you shall be responsible for providing information relating to the cars or services proposed to be sold by you. In this connection, you undertake that all such information shall be accurate in all respects. You shall not exaggerate or over emphasize the attributes of such cars or services so as to mislead other Users in any manner.
You will not disclose your contact details like phone number, address, email address in the buying or listing process, other than the specified place in the form, or anywhere on the Site including the feedback area, discussion forum or through any e-mail feature to bypass Autoportal.com.
6A. You further agree, undertake and confirm that while providing Your Information on the Site you shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that
- belongs to another person and to which you do not have any right to;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another privacy hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
- may harm minors in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other third party proprietary rights;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads Autoportal.com, Site and/or Users about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonate any other person;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
7. Intellectual Property
- Subject to this section, you shall permit Autoportal.com to use the seller’s name and logo in presentations, marketing materials, customer lists, financial reports, web site listings of the Autoportal.com.
- The trademarks, service marks, designs and logos (collectively, the "Trademarks") used and displayed on this Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Autopotal.com. Other trademarks, service marks and trade names may be owned by others. Nothing on this website should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark or any other Site intellectual property including the name crowd content displayed on this Site without prior written permission from Site.
- The parties agree that: (a) Autoportal.com shall retain and own all proprietary rights in and to Autoportal.com's Site and any services provided hereunder (including all software, source code, modifications, updates and enhancements thereof or any other aspect of the services, platform). All text, graphics, audio, design and other works on the Site are the copyrighted works of Autoportal.com unless otherwise indicated.
8. Platform for Communication
The Site is only a venue where Users may meet and interact with one another for their transactions. Autoportal.com is not and cannot be a party to or control in any manner any transaction between two Users of the Site. Consequently:
- Autoportal.com is not responsible for any non-performance or breach of any contract entered into between Users. Autoportal.com cannot and does not guarantee that the concerned Users will perform any transaction concluded on the Site. Autoportal.com shall not and is not required to mediate or resolve any dispute or disagreement between Users.
- Autoportal.com does not make any representation or warranty as to the attributes (such as quality, worth, condition, etc.) of the cars or services proposed to be sold or purchased on the Site. In particular, Autoportal.com does not implicitly or explicitly support or endorse the sale or purchase of any cars or services on the Site. Autoportal.com accepts no liability for any errors or omissions, whether on behalf of itself or third parties.
- Autoportal.com does not make any representation or warranty as to the attributes (such as legal title, creditworthiness, identity, etc.) of any of its Users. You are advised to independently verify the bona fides of any particular User that you choose to deal with on the Site and use your best judgment in that behalf.
- The Site is a channel of communication whereby the Users can reach a larger base to buy and sell cars or associated services. Autoportal.com is only providing a platform for communication and it is agreed that the contract for sale of any of the products or services shall be a strictly bipartite contract between the seller and the winning buyer. At no time shall any right, title or interest over the cars vest with Autoportal.com nor shall Autoportal.com have any obligations or liabilities in respect of such contract. Autoportal.com is not responsible for unsatisfactory or delayed performance of services or damages or delays as a result of cars which are out of stock or otherwise unavailable. All cars are offered only for a restricted time and only for the available supply.
- You shall independently agree upon the manner and terms and conditions of delivery, payment, insurance etc. with the other Users that you transact with.
- You release and indemnify Autoportal.com and/or any of its officers and representatives from any cost, damage, liability or other consequence of any of the actions of the Users of the Site and specifically waive any claims that you may have in this behalf under any applicable law. Notwithstanding its reasonable efforts in that behalf, Autoportal.com cannot control the information provided by other Users which is made available on the Site. You may find other User's information to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate, or deceptive. Please use caution, common sense, and practice safe trading when using the Site. Please note that there are also risks of dealing with foreign nationals, underage persons or people acting under false pretense.
- You are advised to independently resolve any disputes that may arise with the vehicle dealer and/or vehicle purchaser. For both parties, Autoportal’s Customer Care Support Centre can always be reached for any assistance.
We view protection of Users' privacy as a very important community principle. We understand clearly that you and Your Information is one of our most important assets. You acknowledge and agree that Your Information and including any personal information would need to be provided by you to other Users through the Site when you seek to transact with such Users on the Site. You further agree that we have no control over the recipient Users of Your Information since such Users are selected by you when you choose to interact or transact with them.
Without limiting other remedies, Autoportal.com may limit your activity, immediately end your listing, warn other Users of your actions, immediately temporarily/indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership, and/or refuse to provide you with access to the Site:
- If you breach the User Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference;
- If Autoportal.com is unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide;
- If it is believed that your actions may cause legal liability for you, other Users or Autoportal.com;
Autoportal.com may at any time at its sole discretion reinstate suspended Users. A User that has been indefinitely suspended may not register or attempt to register with Autoportal.com or use the Site in any manner whatsoever until such time that such User is reinstated by Autoportal.com. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you breach the User Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, Autoportal.com reserves the right to recover any damages and amounts due and owing by you to Autoportal.com and to take strict legal action including but not limited to a referral to the Cyber Crime Division / initiating criminal proceedings against you.
Autoportal.com strongly advises you not to test the Site with false purchases request, as it will put you at substantial personal legal risk. It is a crime to use a false name, other false personal information to buy. Willfully entering erroneous or fictitious purchase request may result in prosecution by Autoportal.com. Please be aware that even if you do not give Autoportal.com your real name, your web browser transmits a unique address to us, which can be used by law enforcement officials to identify you.
As a registered member, you may list car for sale on the Site. You must be legally able to sell the car(s) you list for sale on our Site. Listings may only include text descriptions, graphics and pictures that describe your car for sale. All listed cars must be listed in an appropriate category on the Site. Soliciting business offline or outside of the Site, by indicating your contact details (e.g. contact phone number, address or e-mail ID) in the car listing or elsewhere on the Site other than in the Sell Car Form is expressly prohibited and would be considered as a breach of the User Agreement. All listed cars must be kept in stock for successful fulfillment of sales.
The listing description of the car must not be misleading and must describe actual condition of the product. If the car description does not match the actual condition of the car, you may independently resolve the dispute with the buyer. As a seller you certify that all information provided by you against your listed car is true. Individual seller can list one car at a time and needs to make Autoportal.com aware of its timely status.
13. No Warranty
Autoportal.com and its suppliers provide the Site and services "as is" and without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory and specifically disclaim any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. You expressly agree that your use of the Site is at your own sole risk.
14. Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Autoportal.com or its suppliers be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses arising out of or in connection with the Site, its services or this User Agreement (however arising, including negligence).
Autoportal.com's liability in any circumstance is limited to the amount of fees, if any, paid by you to Autoportal.com. Autoportal.com, its associates and technology partners make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, currentness and/or timeliness of any content, information, software, text, graphics, links or communications provided on or through the use of the Site or that the operation of the Site will be error free and/or uninterrupted. Consequently, Autoportal.com assumes no liability whatsoever for any monetary or other damage suffered by you on account of:
- The delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Site;
You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, consultants, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of or in connection with your breach of the User Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your use of the Site or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
16. Relationship and Notice
None of the provisions of the User Agreement shall be deemed to constitute a partnership or agency between you and Autoportal.com and you shall have no authority to bind Autoportal.com in any manner whatsoever. Except as explicitly stated otherwise, any notices shall be given by postal mail to Autoportal.com or to the email address you provide to us during the registration process (in your case). Notice shall be deemed given 24 hours after email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid. Alternatively, we may give you notice by certified mail, postage prepaid and return receipt requested, to the address provided to us during the registration process. In such case, notice shall be deemed given 3 days after the date of mailing.